The Lady Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge gives two ingredients, and bloggers are challenged to come up with a dessert using those two ingredients. My previous challenge entries include Raspberry Peach Napoleons, and Mountain Dew Apple Cinnamon Dumplings.
Well, this month the two ingredients were PUMPKIN and CREAM CHEESE. Mmm… mmm… MMMMM!!!!
A couple weeks ago, I tried these No-Bake Nutella Cheesecakes from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe. Holy. Cow! They were so good!! And, so easy. That got my mind racing…what other types of cheesecake could I make that are this easy?
My answer? Pumpkin.
This was such a perfect decision for me because I don’t actually enjoy pumpkin pie that much. I secretly can’t down a piece unless I have just as much whipped cream on it as I do pie (I guess it’s not a secret anymore…). But cheesecake: now THAT’S a different story! I could eat that stuff until I’m sick! So, I thought that if I make a pumpkin cheesecake I could get the pumpkin flavor I love, while still getting my cheesecake fix
No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
12 graham crackers
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 Tbs. sugar
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 cup powdered sugar, divided
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Using a food processor, crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs. Yield: 1-1/2 cups crumbs
2. Stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press into bottom of small serving dishes.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and smooth.
4. Mix in the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and 3/4 cup powdered sugar until smooth. Set aside.
5. Using an electric mixer on high speed, mix the heavy whipping cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla just until it is no longer a flowing liquid.
6. Fold together the pumpkin mixture and the cream mixture until well combined.
7. Spoon over graham cracker crust. Lightly cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
8. To make whipping cream for garnish, using an electric mixer on high, mix the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
9. Top cheesecakes with whipping cream just prior to serving. Enjoy!
Yield: 8 servings
Click below to see all of the wonderful pumpkin and cream cheese desserts for this month’s challenge!!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
(Visited 42 time, 1 visit today)